“walk alongside another person in whatever journey they’re on without judging them, making them feel inadequate, trying to fix them, or trying to impact the outcome”
Tip summary (from the article):
- Give people permission to trust their own intuition and wisdom
- Give people only as much information as they can handle
- Don’t take their power away
- Keep your own ego out of it
- Make them feel safe enough to fail
- Give guidance and help with humility and thoughtfulness
- Create a container for complex emotions, fear, trauma, etc
- Allow them to make different decisions and to have different experiences than you would
Sound a little like ‘TRUE’ LOVE?
Easier said (and read) than done. As with everything we call life, as we try we learn – we encountering everything that blocks us from being in the way we aspire. That’s where we are required (by our very own aspiration, our own authority) to DO THE WORK… which is, ultimately, in some way, learning to hold space for ourselves.
So how are we doing with the meditation of applying those very same tips to our own internal relationship with ourselves? There’s work to be done…